In addition to the basics for comfortable and safe stalls for your horse, there are a lot of add-ons to personalize your stable and to make horse care easier. These can include:
- Feed doors – swing-out doors that are built into stall fronts for hay and grain make feeding quick and easy. These are also helpful if children or people unfamiliar with horses will be helping at the barn so they don’t have to enter the stalls to give the horses feed or water.
- Corner grain feeders – make it convenient and easy for your horse to eat his grain. Look for one with a rolled top lip that is rolled inside to keep grain enclosed. Buy one with rugged, durable construction, with no sharp edges.
- Corner Feeders – another option for feeding grain, or to keep your horse healthier by keeping hay off the ground. Ones with a large open design fit well into underused corners. There are also larger sizes that let you feed hay and grain from the same feeder and include two inserts for salt and grain. The on-floor design allows your horses to eat with their heads down.
- Automatic horse waterers – often come in either corner or wall mount designs. They keep a constant source of clean water available to your horse. They are easy to clean. Many come with heated water options.
Miraco EQUIFount water systems are especially designed for your horses. Smooth rounded edges provide a safe access to water. Installation is easy with just four bolts, and ample drinking space provides plentiful water. EQUIFount Features:
- Durable polyethylene construction; urethane foam insulation.
- Easy valve access; one screw quick water level adjustment.
- Minimum intrusion on stall space.
- Four bolt installation. (Stainless steel bolts included)
- Plumb from above or below.
- Large easy drain; no disassembly required.
EQUIFount Heat Tube
- Heat Tubes are an essential part of the proper installation of Miraco energy-free watering systems. Heat Tubes make a big difference in the performance of your energy-free Miraco watering system.
- This highly insulated tube shields incoming ground water from cold as it passes through the frost level. Polyethylene construction ensures years of trouble-free use. One 30-inch tube and 3 feet of 12-inch drainage tile provides a sufficient heat well in most locations. For northern regions, two 30-inch heat tubes may be required.
- Endurequest Horse Waterers are a new concept in a rugged, easy to clean, durable waterer. Maintains water level with a completely enclosed diaphragm valve, and can be mounted so water connection is out of view and reach of the horse. The bowl is extremely easy to clean and remains isolated from the supply water. A dove-tail fitting is included to mount on your stable wall, or other wall-mount application and brackets for pipe corral mounting are provided. There is nothing to rust or corrode and the waterer is always easy to remove and replace
Other additions can include filial or caps for the tops of stall front columns, blanket bars and bucket holders, as well as bridle and halter holders.
While you may be tempted to just get a basic barn up as soon as possible, it is often these extras that can make your barn YOUR barn.